Scrambled channel

maco2078 08:59 16 May 2009

I have had a couple of messages of late that my digibox has detected some new channels and would I like to d.load them, so I press yes.

One that came up was called Home, however when I press to watch it, a message comes up saying it's a scrambled channel.
is there a way to unscramble it?
Ta!

crosstrainer 09:08 16 May 2009

You might get more replies on this if posted in the Digital World forum (I'm sure the FE will move it across for you)

When you say scrambled, do you mean locked? (most digiboxes display a small padlock symbol if this is the case) To unlock such channels, your boxes requires a cam slot, and the appropriate card or code from the channels' service provider (like Sky etc.)

If you have just picked up channels from another transmitter due to atmospheric conditions (I had this recently too) Then they can be ignored or deleted.

maco2078 09:12 16 May 2009

OK Thanks. Not sure if it is locked? I will look for a padlock. I did try looking for the right forum but couldn't see anywhere to start a new thread,short of jumping on and replying to another thread, mind you I have other things on my mind and am in haste to get out.

Thanks again.

robin_x 09:17 16 May 2009

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?