Scheduled tasks don't run

tmr 00:05 02 Dec 2004

I have "Scheduled Tasks" set up to run Norton antivirus scan, one button check up on a weekly basis but they have recently failed to start.
I have checked all properties and they seem to be set OK but the sheduled task window just reports staus as "could not start".
Any help to restore this will be appreciated.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 00:27 02 Dec 2004

Are you on XP or other o/s? If on XP checklist for possible solutions = click here

JaßîsFaß ˜ 20:45 06 Dec 2004

Which Norton AV are you using? Have you checked it works with SP2 (if you are on SP2)?

Also - check click here

tmr 21:31 08 Dec 2004

JaßîsFaß
Thanks for the suggestions.
It seems that scheduled tasks will only run if the user account is passworded.
I have now added a password and it seems to be working OK and the problem is solved.
The strange thing is I didn't have a password on my user account previosly and scheduled tasks was working OK at one time but I don't know when it stopped working.
However, I suspect that it is linked to an unsuccesful attemp to upgrade to SP2, after which my computer would not start in any mode until I restored the system. This did not seem to completely undo all of the changes which SP2 must have made as I have several other recently appeared gremlins which I am still trying to resolve.
Thanks again for your help on this one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?