Scart down to small monitor link

  Nancyoncannon 11:45 10 Sep 2009

I am a total novice. I have purchased a Geddes Reader. To link it to my monitor I need a wire with a scart female plug at one end and the small (I think they are called d-link socket) which would plug into my monitor.

If you understand what I mean can you please suggest a proper name for this connector and where I could purchase one.

I look forward to hearing from you.

PS a Geddes Reader is a small device which assists the partially blind to read documents on a monitor.

  Stuartli 11:51 10 Sep 2009

I presume you mean something on these lines:

click here

  Nancyoncannon 12:02 10 Sep 2009

Well similar but that one looks as though the scart is the male.

Perhaps if I explain a bit more the Reader has a yellow male plug on the end. This plugs into a terminal block/adaptor with a scart male socket on one side and yellow output socket and white and red input sockets on the other. Because I cannot connect the terminal block direct to the monitor I have tried to plug the yellow plug into the little yellow inlet on the back of the monitor but it is too fat.

Is it possible to get a convertor to reduce the size of the yellow male so that it fits into the monitor direct. There is no sound involved.

Or must I have a small monitor connector to the terminal block/adaptor.

  Nancyoncannon 12:20 10 Sep 2009


  Technotiger 12:42 10 Sep 2009

Something like this any good?

click here"

  Technotiger 12:45 10 Sep 2009

Or more probably, this ...

click here

  Technotiger 12:50 10 Sep 2009
  BRYNIT 13:00 10 Sep 2009

I've had a quick search of the web to find out what the Geddes Reader is and how it connects.

Conclusion. It is a camera similar to a CCTV camera mounted on an arm above a table allowing the print to be shown on a TV via a scart connection.

If I am correct and you are trying to connect the Scart to the D-sub input link of a computer monitor I don't think it will work.

  Stuartli 13:50 10 Sep 2009

One description of the product is that any connection lead should basically be for use with a TV and that prolonged/exclusive use with a monitor is not advised.

Why not contact the manufacturer and ask for specific details of the required lead?

  Stuartli 13:56 10 Sep 2009

Or even check the manual if there is one?

  Nancyoncannon 13:59 10 Sep 2009

Can I say many many thanks to you all for responding. I thought I was on the right track when I saw Technotigers links. However having read your comments Brynit and Stuartli I think I shall write to the inventor and ask about a modification. Failing that I shall purchase a small flat screen TV.

Thank you for your patience in this query. Keep up the good work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?