scart adapters?

Rennaissance 22:36 07 Jan 2004

hello, i would like to know if there are such things as scart adapters that has scart input or output so i can transfer i.e. video from a scart device to my pc. Would they come as a PCI card or something else. Or maybe a usb adapter. Thanks in advance.

Tim1964 22:51 07 Jan 2004

I would have guessed you'll need a PCI card with a TV 'tuner' in it. The type that allows you to watch/record TV. The output from the video/camcorder/antenna will all be the same to the card on the PC.

Rennaissance 22:55 07 Jan 2004

thing is i wanted a card which has scart input. I already have a tv tuner and it only has one composite port and not s video or anything. I thought Scart would be more reliable anyway, And isn't scart analogue? So converting to digital will take a long time. Hmm... anyone else know if these exist or if it is possible.

DieSse 23:57 07 Jan 2004

What you need is a cable with a SCART at the TV end, and the right connections for your TV card at the other.

Loads of versions of that available at any decent TV shop.

Muckle 00:15 08 Jan 2004

I got the leads/components from my local Maplins - less than a tenner!

Rennaissance 15:29 08 Jan 2004

thanks all, only have a yellow composite on tv tuner, which i think only supports video and not audio as i would need the red and white composites also. Might try it though, will buy a lead over the weekend from maplins or other. Will post back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?