scannow & eventvwr on xp home

JacquelineTheCat 19:35 03 Mar 2004

did the above on husbands pc and eventvwr showed up 299 things. How do we find out what's wrong and then put it right.

Its a pretty new pc and I've tried to get support from the supplier Mesh, but they don't appear to exist any longer (although they may be ignoring me!)

Any help would be appreciated.

hugh-265156 19:38 03 Mar 2004

what is the symptoms or problem you are having with the computer?

are you sure its errors listed(red x)and not just info listed(no x)

hugh-265156 19:39 03 Mar 2004

and are you all up to date with windows updates click here

JacquelineTheCat 19:47 03 Mar 2004

Every couple of days the pc refuses to load windows and we have to start from scratch, losing all his information.

The pc is supposed to automatically update windows and, as far as we can see, is up to date.

There are actually 7 warnings (with the red cross) 19 errors (with the yellow triangle) and the rest is information (with the blue !)

hugh-265156 19:53 03 Mar 2004

if you click on the errors and warnings listed you should see a hyperlink,click on this for each error and you should be taken to the MS help on that error if there is any.it mat tell you if a fix is available or it will tell you what to do to fix it.hopefully.

troubleshooting startup and shutdown may also help a bit click here click here

MESH Support 00:10 04 Mar 2004

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems contacting us and equally concerned.

Please send me an email to the address [email protected] remembering to include your serial/order number and screen name (JacquelineTheCat).

Out of interest can you also include what methods you used to contact us, and if via email, what addresse(s) you used.

With regard to the Event viewer list, right click on the SYSTEM option on the left hand side, click CLEAR ALL EVENTS. Answer YES to the question and enter a memorable filename when asked. If you could then attach the file you have now saved to the email you send, this may help us reach a faster solution for you.

If you have errors under the other two options APPLICATION or SECURITY, you can do the same for them and then email all three files. It is most likely just SYSTEM that will be most relevant to the problem you report though.

Davey

Mesh Support

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?