Scanning old 50mm sq slides

dfb70uk 15:05 02 Oct 2006

Anybody got any ideas on scanning the above slides?
The only way on my scanner is to do them in 2 halves as it only works for 35mm slides.I have got a Black Widow filmscan which has mirrors in triangluar arrangement but it will not work on my latest scanner which is a Epson 3 in 1 RX520.
Ideas wellcome
Regards
DAVE

pj123 17:12 02 Oct 2006

Doesn't help you much but I have the Epson 3170 standalone scanner which will scan negs/slides for 120/620 and 35mm.

How many slides do you have. If not too many I would be willing to scan them for you and burn them to a CD/DVD.

Alternatively, you could try a local photo shop who may do the same job. I have used click here in the past, before I got my own scanner.

They were very good.

eedcam 18:15 02 Oct 2006

I have the epson rx500 all-in-one and that willscan that size just use the large frames in the holder?

Stuartli 19:05 02 Oct 2006

You could make a 50mm sq cutout(s) for the slides and scan them individually or a number at a time on the Epson's main scanning area.

Most modern scanners have reasonable resolution capabilities these days.

dfb70uk 23:28 19 Oct 2006

Thanks everybody but in the end I scaned them in two halves and put them together with the free panorama prog free with this months mag.The scanner an Epson RX520 is very sensitive onthe position of the slides even though using the holder and moving up and down.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?