Scanning large negatives with Canon CanoScan 3000F

MFL 12:43 05 Feb 2006

I have a CanoScan 3000F which serves my needs very well.
However my wife wants to scan some (old) large format negatives.
The 3000F only spports the scanning of 35mm negatives.
Does anyone know of any accessory or workaround that would enable me to scan larger negatives?

pj123 13:01 05 Feb 2006

Depending on how many large format negs you have, you may find it cost effective to let someone like Coe Digital: click here scan them and put them on to CD for you.

I have used them in the past and found them very good.

I have an Epson 3170 Photo scanner which will scan negs and slides up to the old 620 size (8 on 120 film). I have also scanned a couple of 4 x 5 negs, which if positioned correctly only cuts off a small section. What size are the negs you want to scan. I would be willing to scan them for you if you would like to send them to me with a CD (providing they don't exceed 4 x 5). Contact me via the envelope first.

jack 14:50 05 Feb 2006

Whilst pondering pj1p23 kind offer- you did ask for a work around
Here goes off the top of my head you understand - never had to do it.

Carefully[in your minds eye or if you cannot do that - Mount the neg into a paper mask that you can mark-]
section the neg up into 35 mm sections and scan each piece with an overlap.
Then use a a panorama program to stitch the segments together-
Then process/edit in your favourite image editor
You will I am sure have lots of practice goes before perfection - but better than watching the 'IT Crowd' any day.

MFL 19:27 22 Feb 2006

thanks guys.
Jack, whilst my wife is quite into Panorama Maker your suggestion looks to much like hard work!
pj123, I am very grateful for your offer, but my wife has found someone local to scan for her.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?