Scanning 1,000 photos

Jojikiba 00:12 09 Jul 2007

I have a large collection of photos from about 10 years ago, and I don't have the negatives for them.

I want to scan them to put them on my computer.
Is there a kind of automatic scanner available that will feed them in the machine and then scan them?

Or is there a company you can pay to scan them for you?

Doing it myself is going to take me ages and be backbreaking work...

Diemmess 09:07 09 Jul 2007

.........Or cost a fortune to pay someone else to do it!
The results may be a little disappointing too.

It really depends on how much time you are prepared to spend doing this.

I think you might try (using high resolution scannning) to scan as many prints as you can at one time and then on the computer, cut and paste them as individual files.
This will need a fairly powerful picture editing programme, but will allow you to make the best you can of individual shots and a welcome break from "slaving over a hot scanner!"

Diemmess 09:18 09 Jul 2007

In fairness, I'm sure scanners exist which will scan automatically a whole trayful of documents, but probably not handle a series of rather smaller (and stiff prints).

Batch 10:05 09 Jul 2007

Try doing a few a day (e.g. 10) address as aa project that will take many months to complete.

In the overall scheme of things you should achieve your objective and it isn't something that really needs to be done instantly.

Jojikiba 02:23 11 Jul 2007

Thanks for the answers. I am going to try Batch's "divide and conquer" method.

Incidentally, if you've got the cash, I found a company in America that will do this sort of thing and then post your photos and scans back to you in the UK.

I have no idea if it's a good company or not, but its website is here:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?