Scanners and a Problem

Bagsey 21:53 19 Jul 2006

I have a CanoScan D1250U2F scanner and have used it on many occasions for scanning slides and negatives without any trouble. Yesterday it refused to scan a negative but it still works fine on scanning documents. Can anyone throw any light on what could be the problem and also of course the cure for it. Thanks in advance.

Bagsey 23:47 19 Jul 2006

^

Diversion 00:04 20 Jul 2006

Have you tried re-installing or updating you scanner software, it may have become corrupt.

swapper 08:10 20 Jul 2006

Bagsey, I have the same scanner, similar problem, I can scan fine, but it has stopped copying, I get a Scangear Toolbox window telling me I have "Insufficient Memory" I have downloaded/installed the latest driver, no change, I have asked Canon about this click here perhaps if you contact them also we might get a faster response?

Bagsey 11:40 20 Jul 2006

Thanks to each of you for your comments. I have tried reinstalling the software to no avail. I have started to believe that it must be a fault in the scanner itself. I have had it for about 5 years so a fault in the scanner is a likely cause, but I cant see why my photo scan system does not work yet the rest of the functions are OK. Now I hear from swapper that his copy system has stopped. That has blown my fault theory out of the window. Swapper does you film copy system still work or has that died as well? I will email Canon as you suggest but I wont hold my breath waiting for an answer. I find that I get more help from this forum than from most manufacturers as they are only interested in selling their ware and generally are disinterest in customer relations. But I will keep you posted swapper on any info I manage to collect.

silverous 12:00 20 Jul 2006

You have both just started experiencing this...apparently at the same time...I wonder if it is either a date-related issue OR something that has been 'broken' by a microsoft update. You could try going back to a previously good restore point in system restore and seeing if that solves it but you are then going to have the issue of which update broke it and can you do without that update.

Newuser939 12:34 20 Jul 2006

I may have got this completely wrong, but are slides and negatives scanned with a light in the hood whilst photos are scanned with a light from below. If that is the case, it would be perfectly possible for one to work and not the other.

jack 13:57 20 Jul 2006

Newuser939I said
may have got this completely wrong, but are slides and negatives scanned with a light in the hood whilst photos are scanned with a light from below. If that is the case, it would be perfectly possible for one to work and not the other.

This is highly probable.
1. The In Hood light usually has a separate power supply or is plugged by a din socket in the main scanner body. said Din socket is the data one.
So this is the first thing to check -ie. -Is it plugged in?
The scan software has to be set to scan tanny - is it?
The Scan tranny tranny may only work with 24/48 bit setting -what is it now?
Uninstall and re install software.
Download latest drivers.
finally -treat yourselves -to a new scanner.

swapper 12:05 21 Jul 2006

Bagsey, I have tried a colour negative, although there is a light in the top Panel, it does not seem to change while I scan the negative, and the result is a black pic.

I have telephoned Canon (I did get a good online response from them), but their suggestion did not work.

I have told them that you also have the same problem.
Now waiting a telephone call.

jack 16:59 21 Jul 2006

If the light in the lid is on then this suggests that part of the software is running - it is usual for the tranny/neg software to switch on the hood lamp.
This therefore seems to suggest a software corruption, or a firmware failure in the scanner.
Have you tried downloading the latest drivers?

swapper 06:58 28 Jul 2006

Bagsey, I did telephone again, they could not resolve our problem at that time, the speaker told me that he would pass this on to another person, and that they would ring me! no response as yet

jack, I uninstalled/reinstalled and downloaded the latest driver, same result:-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?