Scanners - not sure if I am posting in correct forum??

pcdimwit 00:11 29 Feb 2012
Answered

I want to get a scanner (not a printer/scanner) to scan my old photos and negatives to my computer/external drive. I have NO IDEA what model to get for a reasonable price, the Epson perfection range looks pretty good on ebay, but some of them run into £2 - £400, which is way way above my budget, what would you recommend for normal 10 x 15 roll film photos and scanning 35mm negative strips? thnaks PCDIMWIT

northumbria61 07:50 29 Feb 2012

Duplicate Post enter link description here See this one.

northumbria61 07:50 29 Feb 2012

Duplicate Post enter link description here See this one.

Ex plorer 10:21 29 Feb 2012
Answer

Do some research on this model. (Canon CanoScan 5600F Scanner USB2.0 Film and Slide scanner). I use an older model for prints 5200F and its very good and is equipped for slides and neg strips. scanner 5600F

Look on Amazon shop around if it s what you are looking for. Not suitable for Windows 7. From what read as there is an issue with drivers.

pcdimwit 10:48 29 Feb 2012

thanks, I'll look into that model, I dont want to spend a fortune as once I have scanned all the old fotos and negs it will hardly ever be used again. PCDIMWIT

Ian in Northampton 15:29 29 Feb 2012

I had good success with an HP scanner - sorry, I forget the model number - with 35mm slides and negatives. It gave me significantly superior results to a so-called purpose-built slide scanner, and cost well under £100. Like you, I just needed it for a one-off project, and then sold it on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?