Scanner wont work with Paint Programs

Ex plorer 16:50 31 Mar 2010

Hi I have elements 6 and for the first time I am trying to use it with my Canoscan 5200f.

I cant find a way to copy from the scanner I have loaded the twain drivers twice that came with the scanner once with it disconnected from the scanner and also connected via the USB.

The Scanner came with ArcSoft PhotoStudio 5 and when I press the scanner icon it brings up my lid camera on the LT but no choice to use the scanner.

I loaded Photoimpact XL SE Selected the scanner option but it still only uses the LT camera.

Ex plorer 10:36 01 Apr 2010

Marg7 Tried the suggestions but it always defaults to Laptop camera even when its set on Flatbed Scanner.
Found the correct way to install drivers from CD and its still no better.
I cant install the Toolbox for the Scanner as the prompt says for Windows 98 2000 or later I cant see why it wont install as I have Vista.
I have down loaded two new updated drivers from Canon and still no go.
When I pull the USB and replug it finds drivers and says they are installed.
Maybe its busted and I need a new Scanner or its a simple fault.
It is unlocked.
Scanner switches off the power after 10 minuets.
I reloaded all Laptop drivers last night.
I always had Paint-shop Pro 8 and never had problems but I have I think thrown it out hence Elements 6.
Open to any suggestions.

Ex plorer 14:54 01 Apr 2010

Hi thanks I found the scanner wizard but it said here was no scanner connected.
On the scanner Icon in paint I went to select source, then device type, found the canoscan 5200F then selected it, and transfer By, and hey bingo its up and running.
Now under File Scanner I can select scanner or Camera but earlier there were no options for scanner. Thanks for your time and help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?