Scanner Resolution

dave24 13:16 07 Feb 2010

How can I improve the resolution of a scanned photograph on my Epson CX 6600 All-in-one?

johndrew 13:57 07 Feb 2010

I presume you have read the manual for this subject as I can only work from details of it on the Epson site.

I think the scan resolution is "locked" at 1200 dpi on this unit. I know that free standing Epson scanners can be adjusted but I`m pretty sure the combination units are fixed.

john bunyan 19:02 07 Feb 2010

What software do you use for scanning? Not sure on this model, but on Phoptoshop, for example, it uses the Twain interface - this has a simple auto scan and a more advanced one where you can adjust the scan dpi.
For normal photos, I use 300 - 600 depending on the size of the photo - Ifyou are using 1200 that seems very high for photo ( not 35 mm slides etc)
I use a Canon but the mast Epson all in one was adjustable - what does the manual say?

dave24 16:41 08 Feb 2010

Thank you Johns for responding. The manual says absolutely nothing about varying the resolution. Also, in the Properties Window the res is 300, but is greyed out. So it does seem that I am stuck with 300 dpi. I have printed the scans on A4 and, although there is some fuzziness, there is no pixcellation; it does appear that I am being can cope with what I have.

john bunyan 17:38 08 Feb 2010

Do you use a photo application for scanning? If so which one?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?