Scanner not initialising on XP computer

bsnapper 16:55 20 Jun 2014

Hi:

I have an XP SP3 computer and use a fujitsu scansnap scanner fi-5000EOX. The scanner now has an error message on starting up, "failure to initialise driver module err=0x8007007E".I've tried a couple of restore points and a driver clean up tool to no avail. Also, I can't find my install discs or a driver on the Fujits site (if that's the problem I have). So is it possible to get this to work or do I need a new scanner. If a new scanner, will I get one to work with XP? I may have posted this yesterday but a year's emails have just disappeared (just my luck)! Also, not sure what email address is registered but it's [email protected] Thanks for any help.

howard64 17:14 20 Jun 2014

was this previously working on this pc? If so what has changed? it could be a cable fault or power supply problem. Could you have moved the switch to the lock position?

bsnapper 17:42 20 Jun 2014

Thanks Howard. It was working for months before this. The power light is on.When you say a cable problem, which cable are you meaning? I didn't know it had a lock switch. I haven't changed anything or moved it.

howard64 17:56 20 Jun 2014

some scanners just have the usb cable but others have a power cable as well. It is always worth removing cables and then re insert them fully. Scanners often have a switch that locks the lamp from moving when the scanner is being transported. You might have moved it accidently. In addition check whether the twain driver has been deleted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?