Scanner not detected

wescliff 23:40 03 Oct 2013

Installed an Epson XP-305 all in one about three months ago and it has worked fine until I tried to use the scanner today on my Acer desktop. Not something I use often so it may have been down for a while. Whichever host I use it is listed in select source, but when I try to use it there is a failed to detect message. Also the WIA option is missing from the select source option.

This device is also installed on my laptop. (Both connect by wifi) and it works fine from there.(WIA is there on the laptop) On investigation the IP address was missing on the desktop settings so this was copied from the laptop. Still no good and I'm now stuck. I'm reluctant to reinstall because I think this problem lies with Windows and not the scanner driver because of the missing WIA. The printer part works fine.

Grateful for any help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:57 04 Oct 2013

Reload Epson software from CD

to the desktop PC and retry

wescliff 13:11 04 Oct 2013

Thanks, would that mean I would have go through the wifi setup again. I wasn't exactly straightforward, hence my reluctance as it is working.

Woolwell 14:27 04 Oct 2013

Under All programs you may well have a folder for Epson and within that Epson Scan Settings. Try running that.

Woolwell 14:29 04 Oct 2013

Alternatively download and install Epson Scan from Epson support

wescliff 22:27 04 Oct 2013

Thanks Woolwell but tried all those.

I think I will either reinstall (but have doubts that it will work) or rely on the laptop for the small amount of scanning I do.

wescliff 15:55 13 Oct 2013

Sorry, have been away for a while and have only just got back to this.

Have downloaded Epson scan and installed. Now all working fine.

Thanks for the input.

Woolwell 20:32 13 Oct 2013

Glad that it is sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

See the Best Button Badge Designs of 2017

iPhone X review

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires