scanner driver

jbaker65 14:46 22 Mar 2006

I have an Artec as6e scanner which is in good working order but I recently upgraded from Win 98se to Win XP and now find there is no driver available for this setup since Artec went out of business before XP came into general use. Does anyone know a solution to this problem or is clever enough to write one?

Marsh Warden © ™ 14:54 22 Mar 2006
  terryf 15:34 22 Mar 2006

click here for a driver download. For the future, you will find that asking the question to most subjects on google will probably come up with an answer.

jbaker65 09:24 23 Mar 2006

Thanks guys, I have that driver which is NOT compatible with Win XP. I am trying various other drivers to see if I can find one which will give me some sort of use.

terryf 09:43 23 Mar 2006

Have you actually tried the driver? I ask because I have an Epson scanner and I have to use win 2000 drivers which work OK

Smiler 10:26 23 Mar 2006

The drivers you have you say are those pointed to by Marsh Warden & terryf. So have you read the installation instructions that the site Marsh Warden pointed you to.

Which are:-

Extract downloaded driver file to your local hard drive for easier retrieval.
Locate the folder from the extraction and highlight the “setup” icon; right click on mouse and select properties.
Locate the “Compatibility” tab.
Check the box labeled “ Run this program for compatibility mode:”
Select “Windows 2000” and finish the setup by clicking “ok”.
Run the setup.exe file and follow the onscreen procedure for driver installation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone