Scanner changes colour by itself!!

Booper 16:57 19 Jul 2003

I am using Windows XP. I have an Epson Perfection
1650 Scanner. Everything was working perfectly, but now when I scan a document with Grayscale setting, then print it, it prints out in BLUE.
It isn't a printer problem as when I use the printer directly from the PC everything is OK.
Any ideas please?

Bodi 17:10 19 Jul 2003

resetting your scanner from the menu. Mine did the same thing - Epson GT-7000 Photo (a bit old in computer terms)- all the grey scale photos came out with a strong blue tinge.

Resetting the scanner to factory defaults seemed to cure it.

Bodi

Booper 17:14 19 Jul 2003

Thank You for your quick reply. Could you explain how to reset it. As I am not very experienced?

Bodi 19:18 19 Jul 2003

As I am not familiar with your scanner, I can only give you a rough idea of how to do this.

When you use the scanner Window, you should have some icons somewhere in the middle and to the left of the scan window. One of these will look like a set of tools. If you click on this you can set the gamma, brightness etc etc. There should be a default option. Click on that.

Hope this is right - and is of some help,

Bodi

Booper 19:47 19 Jul 2003

No there is nothing like that at all!
I cannot find the menu. I have been trying for 4 hours [you know what these things are like].
Looks like I have just got the blues....

Bodi 20:51 19 Jul 2003

regarding your scanner window? There must be ways to change from colour photo, b & w photo, line drawing, etc etc. Then there should be other settings too.

If you can play a bit and see if you can find a default setting?

Can't help much I'm afraid - really sorry.

Bodi

Richard Madeley 11:46 20 Jul 2003

Have you fixed it yet?

-pops- 12:03 20 Jul 2003

Not an answer but a possible temporary cure is to force your printer to print in black and greyscale only. You should be able to set this up in Printer Properties.

Brian

DieSse 14:06 20 Jul 2003

Does it look blue on the screen?

Can you convert a coloured document to grey-scale using a photo package, then print that - does it look blue then?

Booper 16:32 20 Jul 2003

It does not look blue on the screen. it looks perfect grayscale, then it prints blue.

woodchip 16:47 20 Jul 2003

It's not the scanner that's at fault unless the CCD as had it. It's the driver that controls the scan colour, may be if you download a new driver it may cure it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?