Scanner & Camera Wizard not detecting camera

rebran 11:27 18 Aug 2005

I have Windows XP with service pack 2.

My computer has ceased to recognise my camera automatically, using the windows Scanner & Camera Wizard.

I have tried to add it as an Imaging Device, by opening the Control Panel – Scanners & Cameras and clicking on “Add an imaging device”. (I do not have an installation disc for the camera.)

Despite the camera being switched on and connected to my PC, I get this Error Message:- “The Computer cannot detect the scanner or camera. Please make sure the device is turned on and properly connected to the computer."

I am still able to view my pictures, because “Camera (F:) is added to my PC under “Devices with Removable Storage”, but this method is not as satisfactory.

Is there a means of remedying this problem, so that the camera is detected by the Scanner & Camera wizard?

Roy Branson

johnnyrocker 11:38 18 Aug 2005

try removing in device manager re booting and see if pc will then pick up new hardware.

johnny.

rebran 12:27 18 Aug 2005

Many thanks, Johnny.
As suggested, I have used the Device Manager.
However, when the camera is re-connected and recognised, it appears under Camera F drive.
In the Device Manager it appears under the DISK DRIVES instead of the Imaging Devices.

Stuartli 13:11 18 Aug 2005

That's because it is regarded as a removeable drive in the same way, for instance, as a card reader/writer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)