Scanner & camera wizard

WBP 11:30 11 Jun 2005

I have just reinstalled my scanner after installing a new C: drive. I can scan successfully with the scanner's own software but prefer the ease of use of Windows scanner & camera wizard. However, when I try it, I get the error message "The computer cannot detect the scanner or camera. Please make sure the device is turned on and is properly connected to the computer". This is immediately after actually scanning so it IS conected and switched on. Does anyone have an answer, please?

lotvic 23:38 11 Jun 2005

bump

WBP 08:35 12 Jun 2005

I don't understand your reply, Lotvic.

lotvic 21:58 12 Jun 2005

I was just 'bumping' your post to the top of the list so that it might get a reply :))

I don't have an answer for you, but have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling your scanner again. and have you got the latest driver for it to work in XP?

sorry I'm not much help

WBP 09:33 13 Jun 2005

Thanks lotvic. I'm a bit of a newbie to forum lore. I'll try a reinstall and let you know what happens.

WBP 12:09 13 Jun 2005

Thanks Lotvic. The uninstall/reinstall worked but only after visiting the scanner manufacturer's web site to find a complicated method of cleaning my computer of their product! Windows then installed its own driver and now all is well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?