scanner

rambus 17:26 26 Feb 2010

hi, i have a "trust easy webscan 19200" scanner
its a few years old but works great with xp. i have recently bought a new laptop with windows 7 and although i can install the software trust dont have any drivers for windows 7
i dont use it very often, only about say a dozen times each year but it seems it would be a waste of money to replace it for a newer one when i know it can work so well. so what i am asking is there a way i can get it to work with windows 7.
any help most welcome, thanks

john bunyan 17:48 26 Feb 2010

Using your new laptop go to this site and it should auto detect your system and offer drivers to download. I suspect that only Vista is available - may be worth a try. I have w7 64bit and was unsure of your detailed spec, but it detected my system.
click here

rambus 18:35 26 Feb 2010

hi john. thanks for your reply. have done as you said but only offers drivers for xp,2000,me and 98
looks like im stuffed. lol

RGB76 19:09 26 Feb 2010

If you can install the scanners files it might be worth trying to run it in one of the compatible modes offered by windows-7, there are quite a few to pick from, worth a try.

Regards

Russell

john bunyan 19:11 26 Feb 2010

Another way is to connect your scanner to the PC and W7 should auto detect it and download drivers from the web. If it does not maybe use the XP drivers and see if it works.

Simsy 20:24 26 Feb 2010

working on Win 7 that had no drivers available from Canon, not even for Vista...

See my post in this thread;

click here

(towards the bottom of the page)

I think the secret is to install the drivers manually via device manager...

I hope it helps,

Regards,

Simsy

rambus 18:10 27 Feb 2010

thank you for all your help,but it looks like there is no fix for my problem, there just is not any windows 7 drivers for this product. have been on various third party websites but no luck.
will put a new scanner on my wish list for now.
i will mark this thrad as resolved so as not to waste forum members time. thanks again for trying to help me out, many thanks, rambus.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?