scaning

sadie 2 14:01 26 Apr 2004

Hi can any one help me with this problem ?
how do i scan things into word so that i can add or change text i can scan into word but can not change or insert text thanks.

pj123 14:05 26 Apr 2004

You would need to scan them into the OCR that would normally have come with your scanning software. The common ones are Omnipage or Textbridge. Have a look on your computer and see if you have either of these.

woodchip 14:07 26 Apr 2004

If your scanner is a newish EPSON look in the EPSON control Panel for Scan to OCR it will send to WORD if you select from list

sadie 2 14:37 26 Apr 2004

Hi i have got the software for hp scanjet 3300c but i can not load the software it tells me i have to use windows 98 and i have got windows xp so will i not be able use the scaner in word.

woodchip 16:38 26 Apr 2004

Though it say's 98 Try loading it. It may work in XP you have nothing to lose

sadie 2 17:13 26 Apr 2004

Hi woodchip already tried any help is allways good as i am not very good on pc thanks.

woodchip 17:23 26 Apr 2004

I am 98se but I think if you ask on hear there is a exe program in XP that make some software compatible with XP. try this go to the start\find\files and folders and type compat see if it finds anything or it may be as in 98se MKCOMPAT

sadie 2 18:03 26 Apr 2004

Hi woodchip you must think i am right idiot but did you mean go into my search and find which i did and found nothing ?

woodchip 18:18 26 Apr 2004

No I don't think like that, especially with some one new to computers, I know what it feels like, I had to learn my self from books or I would have been at a shop all the time. if nothing comes up then it will go by a different name in XP

PS that's why PCA is a good place to start there was nothing like this when I started

VoG II 18:21 26 Apr 2004

Start, Help and support and type the following in the box

compatibility mode

then press the green arrow next to the box. This will tell you how to run an "old" program with XP.

woodchip 18:23 26 Apr 2004

You may be able to get a Free OCR program such as ABBY fine reader. Or work your way through this list of OCR programs and look for a Free or you could download a trial version
click here

press the box's at the bottom to change page

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?