Scan for wireless networks

wirelesswhat 14:59 25 Sep 2006

Good day,
I have a Senao(external) wireless long range box and would like to now scan my surrounding areas to see what wireless networks are available in the area. I have downloaded net stumbler but it does not seem to pick up my senao wireless box? Any ideas as to what other software i can try or what the problem might be ?

ade.h 15:39 25 Sep 2006

I cannot specifically answer your query, but I should mention that - unless you live next to Starbucks et al - any networks that you may find will almost certainly be private and not provided for public use. And connecting to a network without permission is, as you may know, illegal. I'm not assuming that you actually want to connect to these networks, but... just in case you were.

wirelesswhat 15:46 25 Sep 2006

The reason for me wanting to scan is we have a lot of internet service providers in the area that offer fairly cheap internet connections using there local wireless network. I would like to see what service providers are avaliable in the area then find out the pricing for each of these providers.By the way I live in south africa....no starbucks here !!!

ade.h 16:25 25 Sep 2006

"No Starbucks here" - They'll be setting up branches very soon, I'm sure!

Unless you need the additional equipment to pick up these mentworks - because of distance, for example - XP plus a wireless adapter - or your external box - provides easy searching for available networks. You might get on better doing it that way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?