Scam Software offers?

User-87348949-8D17-47EF-BF40EE49948F5B71 10:28 15 May 2004

I have received emails offering software at incredibly low prices, I believe this to be a scam to obtain credit card details.

The emails took me to a different site than that listed and of course I can no longer get to that site to determine the address!!!!

The site listed below appears to be genuine but I believe to be Russian in origin, I would welcome guidance on a site checker to determine the origin of a site.

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:49 15 May 2004

I have met people whio have bought from similar sites and the software arrived OK. Howver, one would have to assume that selling Photoshop 7 at $60 has to raise one's suspicions as to it's origin. I will leave you to draw your own conclusions.

G

Audeal 12:03 15 May 2004

I am supprised that you open such e-mails. That is the best way to catch a virus. My advice would be to delete them without opening them.

If every person deleted unwanted e-mails then they may eventually stop sending out Spam.

bremner 12:06 15 May 2004

click here

You will see this site is in the Ukraine - make your own mind up

spuds 13:18 15 May 2004

This type of email is increasing,and nearly every week or so a post is made via this forum.Best to be a little cautious about the origin of both the software and the supplier.

g0slp 13:21 15 May 2004

and I don't buy from them either!

Gandalf,

I would confess to be sorely tempted to look at that Photoshop 7, but resisted - just.

Audeal,

I am no spring chicken around computing, the post was meant as a warning. My AV is quite capable of handling any virus. Some of these odd posts are quite amusing!

Bremner,

Thanks for the link, I can now find more useful information, I wish I had the original sites rather than the one posted.#

Spuds and g0slp, I concur. I have marked the thread resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?