SBS 2003 - setting up group e-mail

barnettgs 12:10 20 Aug 2006

Hi, at the moment, my head is in mess trying to work out setting up e-mail group.

My local community centre want all the staffs to receive e-mail messages from one e-mail inbox which would be [email protected]. I think I have got it working with global mailbox!

I think they also would like to send e-mail from one e-mail address eg [email protected] rather than [email protected], how to do this?

There are a few things I would like to set my head straight, maybe you could help.

What we got now is we have a website host (supanames) with capacity to set up mulitple e-mail account including postmaster and our ISP (Tiscali) offer smtp.

However, I don't know whether I should use both Microsoft Pop3 Connector and Exchange or one of two?

Also if I sent out e-mail from any client pc, it is always [email protected] rather than [email protected] so maybe it isn't what they want but does it means I have to set up account at supanames to be able to receive [email protected]?

What about global box? What does it make difference if you choose 'user mail' and select 'group' name?

Sorry for so many questions!

Thanks in advance

barnettgs 15:05 20 Aug 2006

No reply? Am I asking some stupid questions?

johnnyrocker 17:37 20 Aug 2006

it would seem that you are asking many complex questions without really saying what you want.
1. who is to be the mail sender?
2. where is the mail account held?
3. are you trying to arrange everyone to mail each other?

johnny.

barnettgs 17:43 20 Aug 2006

Ok, sorry for asking complicated questions. Ok, here I go...hope you get what I meant.

1) Mail sender - it would be any staffs on 5 clients computers

2) Mail accounts held on Supanames host but use our Tiscali SMTP for sending out e-mails

3) Not really, it is for e-mailing to outside

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?