SAVSERVICE - Memory could not be written

Confused as hell 10:36 07 Apr 2008

HELP! Error coming up on PC at logon - "The instruction at 0x7c91103c referenced memory at 0x00440072 the memory could not be written"

No other errors occuring with the PC but it only happens after a weekend!

I have googled for different variations of this error and I have not come up with anything sensible - even on the Microsoft site.

PC is running Xp with up to date SP and patches.

Any help gratefully received.

Ditch999 12:10 07 Apr 2008

This could be a Windows Management service error or a virus. Do you have Windows Update set to check for updates once a week on Sat or Sun by any chance?

Confused as hell 13:12 07 Apr 2008

Hi, Windows update is set to run automatically at 0300. I am a little unsure if they would run over the weekend but would assume so.

It has Sophos anti virus on automatic as well in case that makes any difference - as you can see from my log in name I really am very confused and as you probably have guessed new to all this hightech IT stuff.

Hope this gives you some sort of clue - sorry if I am being vague.

Confused as hell 10:42 14 Apr 2008

Just for info - in case anyone is interested - a local It guy had a look at the PC and apparently it is an error within the Sophos pack. The PC subsequently would not boot and ended up with a full re-install. So probably a combination of problems

Many thanks for suggestion

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone