saving specific threads? this way?

p;3 21:33 09 Aug 2005

"Another thing you can do that seems obvious but perhaps is not: instead of marking for reference on 'my postings' -- make a folder in your favourites called PCA Favourites (in case you need that suggestion) and then add all postings you may want to keep to that folder."

"how do you do the suggestion above of making a fav
Open Favourites and there will be an option to either manage or organise or whatever, (the wording differs depending upon the browser), and simply follow the instructions. In IE, it's: Favourites > Organise Favourites > Create Folder."

(courtesy of Snec and shaz on one of my threads)

does this mean I have to create a folder to put specific thread url"s in?

would be useful to do so but have to learn how:)

am on Win 98se in cse anyone dips in and feels like lending a hand:)

mattyc_92 21:35 09 Aug 2005

It is up to you.... You CAN save the urls in "My Favourites" OR just type something into a thread you are interested in...

TIP: Press and hold "Ctrl" and press "B" on your keyboard to add the page you are viewing into "My Favourites"

p;3 21:45 09 Aug 2005

one big hitch I have recently discovered, which is why another method of "saving" specific threads is now needed; My Postings has been rather shrunk , rather drastically, so I for one have lost a lot of threads I could have referred to, and one specific that I went hunting for for one of my threads is gawn well and truly into the dust of time

I have created a folder in My favorites ( first ime for doing this); so how now do I get a thread"s url into it?

Audeal 21:51 09 Aug 2005

Try copy and paste it into Notepad and then save it into a folder under whatever title you want.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:53 09 Aug 2005

if you paste the address from the address bar that will do it.

However once the thread is deleted the address(url) will be useless.

Better to copy and paste the solution to a notepad file and save it wih an appropriate name.

mattyc_92 21:54 09 Aug 2005

Favourates->Add to Favourites and type in the name you wish to call it and click "Create in.." and select the folder

This is also not safe, as after a while, the server has some old threads removed, so best to go to "File-Save" and save the thread (obviously when it has been resolved) onto your system for later use.

Audeal 22:07 09 Aug 2005

I think the copy and paste method is the best way to do it if you want to keep the thread permanently as you will not lose anything should the thread is deleted from the site.

Save in a folder in your Favorites folder then you will always know where to find it.

shizzy 22:11 09 Aug 2005

Copy and paste mine into Notepad. Put them into a folder which I call Computer Tips. Give the files a name that relates to the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?