saving settings for outlook email accounts

sunny staines 16:32 20 Oct 2005

I need some advice please. I will be reformating my hard drive and reinstalling office 2002XP.

MY family email accounts are set up in outlook and I have forgot the settings. Is there a way to back up the settings to a folder and import them back afterwards so that I do not have to set up each email account manually.

DieSse 16:35 20 Oct 2005

"MY family email accounts are set up in outlook and I have forgot the settings"

Open up Tools - Accounts - Properties and look up the settings and write them down. It's by far the easiest way.

Jackcoms 16:37 20 Oct 2005

Why can't you look at the settings in OE now and make a note of them?

In OE go to Tools; Accounts; Mail.

Click on each account name and look at/make a note of the settings under each heading.

GroupFC 16:46 20 Oct 2005

I think you can export the settings (and then presumably import them again). In OE, go to tools>Accounts>mail> and then highlight the account and click export, you get a chance to save it as a .iaf file in a location of your choice.

Mind you I haven't yet had to try this myself!

DieSse 16:53 20 Oct 2005

Don't rely on a program to do this - the time you really don't want to find out the program didn't work quite right, is after you've formatted and can no longer look them up!!

GroupFC 16:55 20 Oct 2005

Yes - point taken!

sunny staines 18:47 20 Oct 2005

thank you all for the tips, I have since been shown how to view the settings by using the "change" button.

by going to tools - email accounts - view - next - change tab - all details displayed for noting down.

panic over

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone