saving a "quick time" video clip

Magik™ 08:17 19 Mar 2003

hi all, is there any way to save a quick-time video clip,when they come down as real-player clips, i just go to temp-internet-files, and drag them into a folder, but the quick-time ones are not in there, the right-click for the above, has the "save" bit greyed out...thanks

watchful 08:57 19 Mar 2003

Sorry for butting into your thread but I don't want to appear stupid. I know nothing about Quicktime. Is it equivalent to a realtime player? When I open it it shows a picture and then shrinks down to a greyed out box. I've read the Apple description but I'm no wiser. Last time I had a go at using it a thing came up about paying so I didn't bother.

Magik™ 13:26 19 Mar 2003

the answer to that is,as far as i know,yes, real-player clips i can save, but not the quicktime ones..someone out there must know..

watchful 17:45 19 Mar 2003

^bump^

crx16 18:37 19 Mar 2003

control panel\quicktime\browser plug-in\save movies in disk cache

Magik™ 19:19 19 Mar 2003

crx16.. i have the "save movies in disk cache" ticked, but,:-( i can not find the disk cache.

Beta, it is on another forum, and when i right click on the clip, there are no properties.

Magik™ 20:21 19 Mar 2003

thanks all for you help, and another thanks to BETA for the link.. i have now found the clip and saved it.. thanks again....nice one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?