saving pictures

cravenbiker 20:06 07 Jul 2008

Hi
I have got several jpeg images on a cd , i am transfering them onto my pc and when i rename them it there is a text box that comes up saying that if i want to save it the file may become unusual, when i click save and go ahed with it, the name of the file changes to FILE

whats occuring~?/??????

HELP!!!

Technotiger 20:18 07 Jul 2008

Hmm, dunno what is happening there, but have you tried saving them to your PC without re-naming them?

Also what sort of CD, is it one you have made yourself, or a commercial one?

cravenbiker 20:20 07 Jul 2008

its one i have made myself, the files save as jpegs on the pc but when i try to rename it says that the extensions may become unusable, then when i click the file saves as one that my machine only recognises as file and does not allow me to open it.

csqwared 20:24 07 Jul 2008

It may be that when you are renaming the files you are forgetting to add the extension .jpg to the file name. There is a possibility your PC is set not to show file extensions thereby confusing the issue. Check in My Computer/Tools/Folder Options/View - Advanced Settings. There is an option there to "Hide extensions of known file type". If it's checked, uncheck it and you should see the file extensions of the files you are re-naming.

jack 20:24 07 Jul 2008

Go to CD and point to an image do not open it.
Right click then click on properties.

The File will say p 'Open as'- then Change

What is the 'Open as' saying?

cravenbiker 20:36 07 Jul 2008

says picture veiwer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone