Saving pages in Internet Explorer 6 ?

BigDunc 21:04 25 Mar 2008

This is a little bit sad, I know. But when I make a purchase either from a forum or ebay, I like to keep an e-record of it eg File, Save As and save the record to a folder.

However, ebay doesn’t allow me to save the page in html or mht format – only as text. No matter how hard I try, it refuses – although it did allow me to do this many months ago.

Q1 What can I do to make the page saveable either as html or mht formats?

One work around has been to “print” it to Adobe Acrobat and save it as a pdf. However, that doesn’t allow me to print the whole page – cutting of the pesky right hand side – leading me onto my next question –

Q2 How can you print off the whole page, including the right hand margins, in IE 6 - either to pdf or to a normal paper printer?

Any help here will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

skidzy 21:10 25 Mar 2008

What i tend to do is use the print screen and MS Paint to record the details and save to MY PICS as .bmp

These then copied to cd/dvd and flash drive,not to mention the external drive.Thats enough for me.

However if you need to copy more than whats on the screen,there is something out there for free and sorry i just cannot remember its name.

skidzy 21:15 25 Mar 2008

I think (not positive) its been a while now,Faststone will do as you ask click here

BigDunc 21:54 25 Mar 2008

Thanks skidzy.
I take it that there is no way that this can be done in IE though?

skidzy 21:57 25 Mar 2008

Have you tried the print screen method while in IE ?

BigDunc 21:59 25 Mar 2008

The image is often more that a "page" wide so there would be a lot of photoshopping to be done - but it is certainly possible.
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?