Saving MUSIC to HARD DRIVE ?

nerawan 20:15 16 Mar 2004

Hi...I want to know if it's posibly to save and play music using the hard dive...I have Wind 98 and c.d.player(not Writer)...Do I need special software????Thanks.

Diodorus Siculus 20:20 16 Mar 2004

AudioGrabber will do it for you; click here - free and easy.

Do a search on google for CD Ripping and you will get lots of suggestions.

Save as MP3 format for smallest size.

DbPowerAmp is also a good program for converting.

fitcher 20:33 16 Mar 2004

do it with win media player

bta1 20:35 16 Mar 2004

i put all my cd's on media player. it is very good for that but it does take a lot of space up.

lixdexik 21:34 16 Mar 2004

and you don't have a lot of disc space you should/could save the music files as wma files rather than mp3. wma files are about one third of the size of mp3s (depending on the quality setting you choose). I have saved my music as wma files at near cd quality, I can't tell the difference in quality from the original.

I use nero 5.5 with the file converter plug in, I find it to be a great prog.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Lixdexik.

nerawan 09:53 17 Mar 2004

But after being saved how to make play them?...The c.d. player have option only to play directly from c.d.....Where are the options to make it play from HARD DRIVE?

anon1 10:05 17 Mar 2004

Winamp too has a very good cd ripper plus access to loads of cd quality internet radio and internet tv (mostly music video's)

Diodorus Siculus 10:08 17 Mar 2004

Winamp, as suggested by anon1 will play all the music in a particular folder, drive or whatever. It is small and light, and works very well. All that you should need is the "lite" version from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?