Saving Mozilla Address Book & Bookmarks

Issy 15:00 16 Mar 2006

Can anyone tell me how to save Mozilla Address book and Bookmarks to CD please

octal 17:54 16 Mar 2006

Which Mozilla applications are you using? If its Firefox and Thunderbird, open each respective application. In Thunderbird open address book and export the address to somewhere where you can find them, in Firefox go to Bookmarks>Manage Bookmarks and again export them, then just burn the two files to a CD. Is that what you are looking for?

Incidentally, both files will probably be small enough to put them both on a floppy disk.

Stuartli 19:07 16 Mar 2006

From Mozilla's Thunderbird FAQ:

"How do I export e-mail messages to another mail program or computer?

Thunderbird's mail files are in the standard plain text "mbox" format, which almost all mail programs can use or import. Many proprietary mail programs have a function to import from Eudora, which also uses the "mbox" format; this function should read your Mozilla mail files properly.

Your mail files are inside your profile (see the Profile Folder), in the Mail and (if you use IMAP) ImapMail folders. Each mail folder (Inbox, Sent, etc.) is stored as two files — one with no extension (e.g. INBOX), which is the mail file itself (in "mbox" format), and one with an .msf extension (e.g. INBOX.msf), which is the index (Mail Summary File) to the mail file. Tell the other program to import mail from the file with no extension.

If you want to transfer a mail file to another Mozilla profile or another installation of Mozilla, simply put the mail file into the other installation's Mail folder."

Profile folder info:

click here

woodchip 19:20 16 Mar 2006

I use Netscape Mozzila’s big brother, Go to Windows Explorer C:\Documents and Settings\Your own Name\Application Data\Mozzila\Profile\Default\ some number on the right you will see bookmarks.html you need to copy that to floppy or CD above that in same window abook.mab that should be your Address book this also needs to go on floppy or CD. But why CD?????!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?