saving as .mhtml

And Pandy 10:38 12 Feb 2007

I HAVE JUST GONE ONTO BROADBAND AND CHANGED ISP FROM ORANGE TO BT.I WAS ABLE TO SAVE PAGES WHEN ON ORANGE FROM A SECURE SITE AS .MHTML, SINCE CHANGING TO BT I CANNOT DO THIS NOW. ANY IDEAS

FreeCell 21:38 12 Feb 2007

The broadband supplier shouldn't normally affect the file formats you can use to save data files.

What applications are you using that seems to have bheen affected by the BB switch? e.g IE7 allows you to save in .MHT as a single file.
Is it only secure sites that are affected?

(PS if you can, it is best to avoid posts using capitals as some people will consider this as akin to shouting.)

And Pandy 19:27 16 Feb 2007

thanks freecell for your advice re typing. 1st time in the forum for me.
I can't 'save as' any page secure or otherwise while on the web. The only other thing i can think of is that i upgraded to IE7 recently also.wonder if that has an effect?

FreeCell 15:07 17 Feb 2007

If you run IE7 with "no add ons" (Start-All Programs-Accessories-System Tools)do you still get the same problem? By doing this it will indicate if you have a problem with a third party add-on to IE.

I use IE7 and can save webpages without problem so would seem to be an installation problem or another program interfering. Are you using Win XP with SP2? All latest MS updates installed?

And Pandy 16:20 17 Feb 2007

Freecell thanks for your note.
i am using xp2 sp2 and have all updates. Checked for add ons and there are none.have uninstalled ie7 and re installed it but still the same.

FreeCell 19:17 17 Feb 2007

Did you try the option in Start menu to run IE "with no add-ons"?

Technotiger 19:33 17 Feb 2007

Hi, if you uninstall IE7 in Control Panel>Add/Remove, you will be reverted to IE6 automatically.

And Pandy 16:25 18 Feb 2007

Freecell
Tried the option in Start menu to run IE7"with no add ons" No change
Technotiger
Have re installed IE7 no change.

Technotiger 17:48 18 Feb 2007

I was suggesting that you go back to IE6. If you uninstall IE7 in Control Panel Add/remove you should automatically rever to IE6. If your pc does not revert to IE6 you can download it from this link. IE7 does have some problems with some PCs.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?