Saving files using INCD

justrr 15:51 04 Dec 2005

I have saved my backup files to a CD RW using the Nero INCD system.
Some Word files (.doc) do not reload properly and give a File Conversion dialog box. This shows a set of unreadable characters and a message to "select the encoding that makes your document readable". The choices are Windows (Default), MS-DOS or Other. Whichever is selected does not make the document readable.
Also in many instances Publisher files just refuse to open.
Has anyone had a similar experience and found a solution ?

justrr

MichelleC 15:55 04 Dec 2005

As far as I know the Nero INCD system only records the file selection for the burning and has not copied the actual files. So it is just a reference of the originating source. If that source has gone it can't burn.

GaT7 16:08 04 Dec 2005

InCD formats a blank CD to work just like a floppy. I've used it in the past - it seemed to work OK for a while but then gave all sorts of errors when trying to retrieve data or open files. For this reason I now only create multisession CDs. G

pj123 16:39 04 Dec 2005

I also don't use InCD anymore, in fact it's not even installed on my computer now.

CD-RWs are not very reliable for making backups, I use ordinary CDRs in multisession mode using Nero 6.

The only time I use CD-RWs is to transfer a large file from one PC to another and that is getting very rare now. I find it is better to use a Flash memory card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?