saving far cry saved games to use after reformat

pookie 13:04 01 Mar 2006

hi

i may have to reformat due to some issues. i'm not bothered as i don't have that much loaded anyway. however, i'm half way through far cry and don't really want to have to start again after game is reinstalled after format. is there a folder i can keep as a back up and then paste into the new far cry folder so saved games/config will still be there?

cheers as always

P

gudgulf 13:18 01 Mar 2006

You will find your save games in the folder C:\Ubisoft\Crytek.....(or whatever directory the game is installed in)...\FarCry\Profiles\Player

You could burn the savegame files to cd or drop them on a second hard drive if you have one.

Other than that there is no safe place to leave the files on a disc you are about to format.

keef66 13:23 01 Mar 2006

Don't have far Cry myself, but a bit of Googling found this reference to the saved game file:

....in your \UBISOFT\Crytek\Far Cry\Profiles\player\[Profilename]\savegames directory.

Have a look and see if you have one of these, and back it up / paste after reinstall.

Good luck

Keef

pookie 12:41 03 Mar 2006

sorry for delay but been away - many thanks for this - i've a second hard to back up to - i'll do it at the weekend.

cheers guys

P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?