Saving to DVD

Bald Eagle 18:25 04 Dec 2007

What determines which format of DVD is to be used? Is it the DVD drive or the burning program?
My Compaq machine booklet says to use DVD+R DL. Will just DVD+R work, they are a lot cheaper?
Running Vista.

BE

MAJ 18:32 04 Dec 2007

It's whatever the drive was made to work with, usually DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW and DVD-RAM and the DL (dual-layer) versions of the media. What's the make and model of the drive?

SANTOS7 18:33 04 Dec 2007

Will depend on what your optical device supports...

eedcam 19:08 04 Dec 2007

Download Img burn free burner and it willtell you what youcan use go to tools>drive> capabiltites anything ticked you can use and no You cant tick the boxes

click here

Bald Eagle 19:38 04 Dec 2007

It is a HL-DT-ST-DVD-RW GSA-H60L. tHE PROGRAM YOU RECOMMEND SHOWS IT AS USING

Bald Eagle 19:40 04 Dec 2007

Sorry adout that, the name is correct. What I was typing was that the program eedcam suggests says that it reads and writes numerous formats one of which -R I know it can't.

BE

Bald Eagle 06:03 05 Dec 2007

I beg your pardon eedcam. It does support at least 2 of the formats suggested by your program, CD-R and DVD+RW.

I found out that if I open the device tray by pressing the button I'm told the disk is not in place or is inaccessible. If I go into COMPUTER and right click on the DVD/CD device then click on OPEN it works!

Bald Eagle

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?