Save video from webpage

rdh660 18:12 14 Jul 2008

I am thinking of buying a new car and have been reseaching models on the web. Some sites such as What Car provide a video critique of various models. I would like to save these videos to my hardrive to compare the cars. When I right click on the video after it has played I cannot see a save as option. Clicking properies tells me that that the videos are windows media productions. Is there any way to save these short videos to my hard disk to compare the cars without having to trawl through the whole website for each model and run them individually? Thanks in anticipation..

MAT ALAN 18:21 14 Jul 2008

If you click on the car you are interested in, there is an option to "save this car review" on the same page,(before you choose the video tab) it requires you to register with WHATCAR...

rdh660 19:03 14 Jul 2008

Thanks for the response. I have registered with the What Car site and can see the 'save review button' but I was hoping that I would be able to right click the small video screen that runs the video review and save the video file on my computer. This would enable me to simply run the video in media player without logging on to the site etc and could compare the videos of the cars. Also some other motoring sites provide similar windows media videos of new cars etc which run in a small screen on their sites and I was hoping to gather these also to add to my visual comparison list to help me make a choice. Maybe I am hoping to do something which is not possible by wanting to save the video files to my computer for easy comparison.

MAT ALAN 19:23 14 Jul 2008

this might work...

right click video, select properties,copy and paste "location" from box that comes up as a URL in your browser (click go). video will then play in "media player" in the now playing section select "whatcar" and add to playlist, you should be able to do this for each car...

rdh660 19:47 14 Jul 2008

Thanks Mat
Did as you suggested for video on the 'What Car' site and it worked. I will give it a try for other car sites. Thanks for the help it is much appreciated... all I have to do now is to try to make a decision about a car !!
Best regards Rob

MAT ALAN 19:52 14 Jul 2008

With the economic climate as it is, i do not envy your task, but what the hell!! you only here once, go for BIG and BAD!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?