"Save As" Question

mistfo 18:33 14 Nov 2004

The "Save As" option will not save all web pages, such as My ebay home page. Currently running XP with service pack one.
Thanks,
Mike

sortof 19:44 14 Nov 2004

Windows has a problem saving some wsb pages as they are too complicated.

sortof 19:45 14 Nov 2004

....I mean WEB pages...

mistfo 19:50 14 Nov 2004

Thanks for the response sortof. This is a new problem with "save as".. Worked much more frequent until recently.
Mike

sortof 12:53 15 Nov 2004

If XP try a repair of IE: start..run "sfc /scannow" but you often need an XP CD to run this as it may be requested. Or try system restore but do that with caution as restoring to an earlier date MAY cause other problems and saves data only in my docs folder though it is not supposed to delete emails..so they say. Take care...make regular backups!

Micro-Man 13:16 15 Nov 2004

Some pages will only save if you select "Web Page, HTML only" in the "Save as type:" box. Sadly you loose all the formatting then. Also, if you have the option to show hidden files, the bits that you want may well be in the {web page name}_files folder which saves with the page. Finally, I've had a few occasions where, probably in an attempt to stop people copying the page, you have to trawl through the temporary internet files to get the actual page since you only save a bit of html/java script when you try to save it.

mistfo 18:16 20 Nov 2004

Problem resolved by reinstall Windows XP.
Thanks all

jimmer409® 18:52 20 Nov 2004

i have always found the best way to save is use the web archive, single file, try it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017