Save file to D

mymate 08:59 01 Oct 2009

I am having trouble updating my Vista laptop and have Microsoft helping me. I have just got another email to try something else
2. Save the file to "D:".

3. Click "Start" ->" Run", type: "D:\WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe /wuforce" (without quotations) and then press "Enter" to install the Windows Update engine.

Sorry but i cant figure out to save it to D. I just go to download it and cant find a option to save to D. I am using Firefox and have looked on the Tools menu but cant find anything there.

Thanks very much

DieSse 09:21 01 Oct 2009

I can't see that it matters where it is saved to. Either copy it to D: then do what they say - or just run it from where it is.

In FF go to Tools Options - select the Main tab. The download saving options are in the lower part.

sharpamat 09:30 01 Oct 2009

As microsoft as instructed .

go to start and click on run.

( If this is not displayed go to vista help and support ( also on start button ) search run, and follow the instruction to add run to the menu.It should be displayed to the right of programs )

Click on run and a box will display

enter the command D:\WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe /wuforce as instructed and in the exact position ( you may find copy and paste a help to ensure it is correct )

Press enter and it should be done

mymate 10:06 01 Oct 2009

Thanks guys. I found a " add on " in Firefox where it saves to the D drive. Microsoft had a plan b and i have done that and the updates are now on a loop .They install then they want installing again. Which is better than what it was before. I had problems with SP2 not installing and manged to sort that out ,then 14 more updates wanted installing and now having problems with those !Think i have to get back to Betty at Microsoft

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?