save emails

tomtojo 10:57 08 Jan 2007

How do I save emails in outlook express

Thanks

Technotiger 11:13 08 Jan 2007
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:16 08 Jan 2007

Back up and recover Outlook Express
click here
Search your old computer for files ending .dbx. These are your emails. There should be Inbox.dbx, Outbox.dbx, Drafts.dbx etc. There must also be Folders.dbx, this is the data telling OE how the emails are compressed. Save all these dbx files, then you can either import them into OE on your new computer, or overwrite the files of the same name in the new computer. Look for a file called (name).wab, this is your address book, and a folder called Favorites. Save these and either import or overwrite to transfer them.

Technotiger 11:22 08 Jan 2007
  tomtojo 11:26 08 Jan 2007

Thanks everyone

Tom

dobbin 11:42 08 Jan 2007

Whenever I try to play a dvd it makes my computer crash. At first it stated that there was no dvd decoder so I downloaded 'sonic cineplayer' and tried again and the screen went black and the computer hung. I then tried VLC Media player which managed the opening sequence before the computer hung and then Real Player which also made it hang.

I have tried reducing the screen resolution and also the colour quality but this has had no effect.

I downloaded a new driver for the DVD-Rom [Toshiba SD-R2512]. The DVD's all work on other computers so are not faulty and this Laptop runs windows xp sp2 and has a mobile Athlon xp 2600+ processor.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can try next?

Technotiger 11:46 08 Jan 2007

Hi, I suggest that you start a new Thread, it is not advisable to hijack another members thread. Give your new Thread the same title as you have given your question here.

Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone