Save DVD

tonyt1151 12:54 22 Oct 2008

I have a DVD which was bought on holiday this year of me swimming with dolphins. I would like to save this to my PC so I can use it in making my own disc of stills and video of the holiday. Can someone suggest a program I can use to save the bought disc. I have tried DVDshrink which backs up the disc but when trying to open the folder it puts the back up in I get s message saying windows cannot open a VOB file

baldydave 13:11 22 Oct 2008

Try this converter as dvdshrink is copying your dvd format,you need to change the format to say mpeg2,wmv or avi etc
click here
or
click here

eedcam 13:36 22 Oct 2008

No need to convert and definitely not downgraded to a wmv file.Install vlc player its free it willplay your vob filed .Better still run it through Shrink and make a disc image insteadthe n vlc will play it just like a dvd
click here

tonyt1151 14:12 22 Oct 2008

eedcam
Thanks for info I have downloaded VLC as you suggest. Done disc back up using Shrink. It will start to play but picture freezes after 15secs although progress bar and counter show film still running

eedcam 16:19 22 Oct 2008

Hi did you save as an Iso file and how did you get it to play in VLC did you go open File then choose all files from the dropdown box the cliked play.Alsoif you did and it wont play dint know why Ihave no prob but youcould open the Tfolderyoufirst created and just click on the first VTS 1 vob see if that plays

tonyt1151 17:10 22 Oct 2008

Have found this click here. it has done what I want. Thanks for help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

Game of Thrones GIFs: how Eran Mendel is creating hilarious weekly GIFs based on each episode's…

How to increase storage on iPhone

Nokia 8 : rumeurs & soirée de lancement