From Satellite Receiver to Computer.

tycapel7 20:16 20 Apr 2005

I have a Satellite receiver that has an external hard drive connected to it. I have tried to get Windows to recognise the file that it makes, so that I can make a DVD of what I have recorded.

The receiver is a Manhattan plaza st 550. After making a recording onto the hard drive, I take the hard drive to the computer and connect it as the secondary master, which can be read from the primary master.

I then try to read what is on it from the other hard drive on my computer. It does say that there is a media file on it, but does not recognise it as a windows file.

Widows explorer cannot read the file, so I am unable to read the file extension. I did try and have Windows on the drive before I connect it to the receiver, but it would not accept that at all. Can anyone tell me please, should I be able to read the file or convert it to mpeg using some extra software, or is there another way I have not tried yet.

Regards, Bobby.

DieSse 23:00 20 Apr 2005

It isn't a Windows file, and it isn't a Windows filing system, so it's hardly surprising it can't be recognised. I think it's unlikely Sky gives out the specs of how it's recorded, so it's unlikely you'll find anything for a PC to read it.

Having said that, I would never say anything is impossible!

timeteam2004 23:00 20 Apr 2005

click here Go to their site and post a tech request. Might get you further than here.

DieSse 23:08 20 Apr 2005

Reading this forum someone said the recording are raw, encrypted files anyway - so they still need to be played back throught the Sky decryption facility (ie a Digibox).

This forum looks the sort of place where someone might know more. click here

DieSse 23:10 20 Apr 2005

Ah - you didn't say Digibox - sorry, me making 5 out of 2+2 again. As timeteam2004 says - ask the mfrs forum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?