sata seems to be playing hard to get

SOUNDFADER 17:27 24 Jan 2006

i am attempting to install a sata drive on my friends pc, it's an athlon xp 64bit chip and asus kv8 motherboard, i went into bios changed the settings and when i restart pc it recognises the hard drive so i start to install win xp i have a floppy drive with sata drivers on as well, but even after doing everything right it ends up every time with the blue screen saying unable to find hard drive press f3 to restart pc any ideas please i need to get this working tonight, thanks

PaulB2005 17:30 24 Jan 2006

Are you using RAID?

If not, try not using the disk as many motherboards don't need the RAID drivers for non-RAID setups.

007al 17:43 24 Jan 2006

Remove the CMOS battery for a couple of minutes,to start the motherboard from fresh.
I built a system with the same board on saturday and didnt use the floppy.It installed no problem.
As there is no operating system on the drive,have the BIOS boot from hard drive,then CD,with no os,BIOS will skip the HDD and go to CD,saves you having to change it later.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?