SATA lead

philharris433 09:19 14 Mar 2007

Hi,

Does anyone know where a can get a SATA lead that connects a laptop hard drive to a desktop. I have one in ata but am struggling to find one for a sata hardrive

Thanks

crosstrainer 09:28 14 Mar 2007

If you just need a standard sata cable, you can pick these up from almost any computer shop or click here will supply you with the correct cable, if in doubt,ask them first.

philharris433 09:41 14 Mar 2007

Hi, thanks but I need a cable that will allow me to connect a sata hard drive from a notebook/laptop to a desktop PC. It is so that I can easily pull off information from the laptop hard drive

crosstrainer 09:48 14 Mar 2007

Does the motherboard in your PC not have sata connections? If not you need an adaptor as well as the cable...same place applies.

philharris433 09:51 14 Mar 2007

yes it does have sata connections but for the ata version the laptop ata hard drive is smaller than a standard desktop ata connection thats why a particular lead is needed. Is this not the same for the sata?

Ho-Lin-Sok 09:54 14 Mar 2007

Don't know if this will do it,
click here

Fingees 09:56 14 Mar 2007

Unless you want to pull off vast amounts of data, I would just use a large memory stick, and transfer what was wanted to it.

Save a lot of hastle.

All the best.

philharris433 10:00 14 Mar 2007

thanks for the responses guys. To Ho-Lin-Sok I think that should do it many thanks. I also want to be able to run a checkdisk on a damaged laptop hard drive, but this should do it.

Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017