SATA; it is under Device Manager but not Explorer!

Virtuosity 20:43 15 Aug 2006

Hi everyone
I hope you can help!
Just built a MSI K8N SLI based PC. Windows XP Proffesional installed on an EDI hard drive, so far so good. But my SATA drive is not visible under Windows Explorer, however it is listed under the Device Manager. I installed windows twice using the F6 key and insalling the SATA drivers at the begining as well but I still can't see the harddrive. The problem is all my data is on that drive from my previous PC!
I would very much apreciate your assistance.
Thanks in advance.

Virtuosity 22:25 15 Aug 2006

A little update. I connected my old harddrive to my new PC and it sees the SATA drive without any problem! with my old HDD, XP only lets me boot in Safe Mode but at least I can see that the drive and my files are there. But with the newly installed Windows XP Professional I still can't see the SATA drive (but it is listed under Device Manager.
Searching the net but still no luck!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:32 15 Aug 2006

Is it seen in disk manager?

Virtuosity 22:52 15 Aug 2006

Hi Fruit Bat
I checked the Disk Manager. It is there but (!) it syas;

Disk1 Dynamic Foreign and also there is an exlmation mark on it.

If I right click on it, it gives me two options "Import Foreign Disk" or "Convert Basic Disks"?! Both doesn't mean anything to me! Do I suppose to choose one of them, I am not sure!

Virtuosity 23:12 15 Aug 2006

While I was searching the net I've found below websites;
click here
click here
It says you have to import the foreign disk to access to data.
Can someone please confirm this? I don't want to do something wrong as the data on that disk is very important.
Thanks in advance.

Virtuosity 00:10 16 Aug 2006

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017