SATA HDD Error

dmoblay 23:17 13 Jun 2008

My computer has been working perfectly until recently when it started hanging, it then regressed and wouldn't even get as far as the windows loading page.

I got fed up messing around with the settings and decided to do a complete format and reinstall windows

Went through the whole process only to encounter the same problems.

Left it for a while and went back to it today and was getting lots of new CMOS errors, so I replaced the battery which fixed those errors.

However now the BIOS doesn't detect the HDD at all. I have tried to search automatically and force it just to startup from the SATA connection but nothing works.

I was worried that my HDD had packed up so I tried another fresh install and the HDD was detected by the windows program and formatted and the setup files installed so I know it works.

However when the computer restarts to begin the second part of the install it fails to detect the HDD again.

Any sugestions?

Ashrich 00:31 14 Jun 2008

Have you reloaded the SATA/RAID drivers when installing Windows ? ( press f6 to install third party drivers ) Is the RAID/SATA option turned on in the bios ? .

Ashley

Ashrich 00:37 14 Jun 2008

Another thought , the removal and replacement of the CMOS battery will have returned the board to it's default settings , so you need to reset it to how you had it previously .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?