sata hard drive

chippy+ 14:26 11 Mar 2007

hi a friend installed a new sata hard drive to his pc,foxcon motherboard,intel 3.200ghz the previous hard drive was idi the sata drive keeps crashing with atapi errors can anyone help Chippy

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:31 11 Mar 2007

What is the exact error message?

Ashrich 14:33 11 Mar 2007

Probably hasn't loaded the drivers for the SATA controller , or they are corrupted somehow , if he is using Windows XP he can do a repair , but before that you should prepare a floppy with the SATA drivers on from the Motherboard CD , start to do the repair by booting from the CD , do not select the first option to repair , select install , Windows will detect XP already there and offer to repair , say yes and when it asks for third party raid drivers load the floppy and press f6 ( I think , it will tell you ) proceed from there .

Ashley

chippy+ 15:15 11 Mar 2007

Hi Fruit Bat /\0/\ and Ashrich
I don't know the exact message i was told error atapi sorry i can't be clearer as i cannot speak to him today i did ask him at the time about the drivers and he said the drivers where together with the chipset drivers on the cd, he was going to get drivers from intel and put them on a floppy will keep in touch thanks Chippy

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:26 11 Mar 2007

Attapi Incompatible
click here

usually atapi problems are CD / DVD drives

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017