SATA Drivers needed

s99Raj 21:14 28 Feb 2009

Can anyone help please?
I have a Dell Dimension 9150, which was running Media Center 2005.

I'm trying to re-install it from scratch but need SATA drivers on a floppy to use at startup so that the SATA drives are recognised.

Can anyone help me find them please? I can't seem to see them on the Dell website.

MAJ 21:31 28 Feb 2009

Did the SATA drives come installed with the PC? If they did then the drivers should already be in the Dell image you are restoring or on the Dell CD you're using.

iqs 21:33 28 Feb 2009

Is this your PC?

click here=

s99Raj 21:52 28 Feb 2009

I'm annoyed that I accidentally deleted the two hard drives on the machine; they were in RAID 0 form and I had the option to delete any RAID disks but I didn't know that would wipe them. I thought it would simply make them non-RAID and leave all the data on them. I don't know how to undo this operation.

iqs - that is the computer I have but where are the SATA drivers in there for me to put onto a floppy?

iqs 10:11 01 Mar 2009

If you expand the SATA option,its list Maxtor Utility.There are a few HDD listed,I assume one of those should match your HDD.

iqs 10:14 01 Mar 2009

Is the the restore disc an image or an actual OEM/Retail version of XP?

canarieslover 12:10 01 Mar 2009

If it is a bootable install disk of XP then download n-lite and sp3 for XP. You can then use n-lite to slipstream sp3 with your current Windows disk to create a new disk that will recognise the SATA drive in your Dell. I have just done a similar installation for another of my computers.

iqs 15:43 01 Mar 2009

Have done what canarieslover suggested myself,it a another way to address your problem.
What type of disc do you have?

Stuartli 15:51 01 Mar 2009

IIRC you can use F6 during an XP installation or XP Repair to install SATA drivers - you will be asked if you wish to do so.

I have a motherboard with Via chipsets and SATA drivers (along with RAID drivers) are included on the updated versions of the 4-in-1/Hyperion motherboard drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone