SATA Drivers

Das Boot 18:44 22 Jan 2006

Hi I am building a new system based on a Asus A8N SLI deluxe that I got off ebay. The problem is it did not come with any drivers and as I am going to use it with a sata HD and XP I need the sata drivers for the XP install, and I can't find them on the Asus site any suggestions please.
Thanks.

PaulB2005 18:52 22 Jan 2006

If you are NOT using RAID then you don't need the drivers. Using 2 SATA drives here on the same board and never installed the SATA Drivers.

PC Bilbo 19:03 22 Jan 2006

Go to Asus site and download manual and identify the
SATA/RAID chipset. If you then go to Via Arena driver download site and select XP you will be able to download from there.

PaulB2005 19:15 22 Jan 2006

The chipsets are either NVidia or Silicon Image -the board has both.

VIA Arena site only covers VIA drivers and so is no good in the case.

exodus 19:32 22 Jan 2006

I suppose all systems are different, but I had to install sata drivers for XP to recognise the sata drive during install, even though I am not using a raid set up.

Drivers should be available from either Asus or the chipset manufacturer.

Das Boot 19:48 22 Jan 2006

Hi the chip set is Nvidia nForceN4 SLI I dont want a raid setup just the sata dirvers XP needs to recognise the sata drive. I have been to the Nvidia site and can't find them there help please

PaulB2005 19:51 22 Jan 2006

If you are NOT using RAID then you don't need the drivers. Using 2 SATA drives here on the same board and never installed the SATA Drivers.

PaulB2005 19:55 22 Jan 2006

When XP install asks for the RAID driver disk ignore it and it should continue.

Das Boot 20:03 22 Jan 2006

Hi XP will not recognise sata drives without third party drivers

Das Boot 20:07 22 Jan 2006

Look here click here

eqskey 20:23 22 Jan 2006

If you are only installing one sata drive then you Don't have to install the Raid drivers.
Get into the Bios.
I am not familiar with your board but in the bios look for Integrated Peripherals.Look for something listed like~
On Chip IDE device or PCI device and then set Sata Mode to IDE.Your hard drive will be trated like a straight forward drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?