SATA conector on Asus M2V Motherboard puzzle

Giggle n' Bits 21:48 04 Sep 2006

Currently in the final stages for putting together my first AM2 socket platform machine and confused which SATA connector I am or I can use for SATA II.

There are 3 SATA connectors on Motherboard SATA Connection 1 & SATA connection 2 which are gouped together and a opposite side of motherboard SATA conection Raid1 but motherboard manual mentions its a Marvell 88SE6121 This connector as the manual says is for SATA 3.0GB/s HDD it then goes to say Do not install the operating system with the device connected to the Marvell 88SE6121

Ok, I thought this was a SATA II support motherboard the other usual place SATA connections 1 & 2 are 150MB/s SATA.

The rear of the board has a SATA Port ! for external SATA drive but am I reading this correctly it is not possible to plug in a internal SATA II HDD to gain SATA II tranfer rate or have I miss read and not got the plot here.

Can someone please look, I was going to put a link in but the page isn't loading at Asus Downloads as I type here. Has anyone got this board and maybe understand the manual for this board. As usuall, winXP Home

ed-0 23:24 04 Sep 2006

It looks as if you have to use either SATA 1 or SATA 2, just to the left of the IDE pins, for your operating system.

Giggle n' Bits 23:50 04 Sep 2006

Just my luck to be conned into a motherboard that is being advertised as having SATAII

ed-0 20:29 05 Sep 2006

Well it does have SATA11.

It will make a difference when you start to transfer information, depending on how you set up the drives. Thats presuming you do get a SATA 11 drive to run from that controller?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?