Sata 6GB Controller

charles60 23:22 25 Jan 2011

Its me again :-( sorry i will be getting a 128GB SSD card have been told to to make it even better it is best to buy a SATA 6GB controller can someone please tell what it does and is it worth getting this when i get my SSD card? Again a big thank you for giving up your spare time to ask my silly questions

gengiscant 10:56 26 Jan 2011

Morning Eric.
Just had a look at your mobo specs and you already have two 6Gb sata ports on it,click here
Scroll down to Marvell 9128 chip, this is where you connect your SSD. You do not need a separate controller.

charles60 11:56 26 Jan 2011

Thanks Glen for that just going to buy my last thing before I go to Malaysia which is the Samsung SH-B123l Blue-ray Reader DVD\CD writer and just before I order them headphones that you recommended what is the surround sound like on FPS Games. The reason I am getting some of the bits now is I found out with all the years I had been flying with Emirates i had amassed about 65,000 skywards points so I have been upgraded to First Class To KL so I am well Chuffed :-) The only down side is i have to start collecting sky points all over again :-( never mind I fly with them at least once a year so hopefully will make them up again. So I saved myself a bit of Money ( well quite a bit relley ) Hope you Are keeping well eric

gengiscant 12:03 26 Jan 2011

Excellent headphones,great sound, very light so comfortable to wear for long periods. I also like the way that the microphone can be pushed up inside the headphones when not needed.

An excellent buy.

Still a few weeks before you jet off though,you could have the PC built by then.

charles60 13:41 26 Jan 2011

thanks for that glen S**T i have just lost the model if it is not to much trouble mate can you tell which model it was please I wish i could have it built before the hols but after these small bits that i am buying today the rest of the buying and the build i would have to wait until I get back as the boss wants me to finish of the kitchen build decorating painting etc. :-(God who said Men where the stronger sex! before we go in April) but once the hol is over she will be happy and i will have money and time to do the PC build.Will still be Ok to get in touch with you to ask for help if needed SSD drive for example & installing OS on it etc Thanks Eric. Ps the money saved on flight wife nicked it now for new Cooker!

gengiscant 13:59 26 Jan 2011

This is the set click here no problems about phoning when you get back or even before.

I have just had a look at your specs and notice that you have not mentioned a case for your new build and I am assuming you will be installing Windows 7.

charles60 14:13 26 Jan 2011

Yes i will be installing windows7 64 bit 7 the case i will be getting is the SilverStone FT02B V1.4 which i think is great

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?